Neutron Capture is now available for download from the App Store.
Neutron Capture is a free fast-paced strategy game played on a 5×5 grid. Players take turns moving the neutral piece – the Neutron – and one of their own pieces.
The Neutron is captured by moving it to the player’s home row, or completely surrounding the Neutron so that it cannot be moved.
Neutron Capture supports single-player and two-player games. It is compatible with iPod Touch or iPhone running iOS 4.0+, and with iPad running iOS 3.2+.
Neutron Capture is an implementation of “Neutron,” invented by Robert A. Kraus. It includes art sourced from freeicons.eu, icons by Joseph Wain and music from incompetech.com. Many thanks to the folks who helped me test the game: Stuyvesant Parker, Robert and Jake Rock, Katherine Sartori, and Robert and Devin Waterman.
A few people have recognized Neutron Capture since it released. I’ve listed them here:
- Apple has listed Neutron Capture as “New & Noteworthy” in 17 stores around the world.
- freeapptracker.com promoted Neutron Capture as the free app of the day on 1/20/2011.
- João Neto was kind enough to include a link to this page from his site.
- iphoneica.com put together a review.
- boardgamegeek.com took notice of the game’s release.
- James Bruce was kind enough to mention Neutron Capture in a blog on MakeUseOf.com.